Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Johnathan's BEADS


God put it on my heart one morning in prayer, a few weeks ago to train some young women to make beaded necklaces that they can sell. I was praying for God to lead me to the ones He had in mind for the project. It wasn’t long before a couple of young gals came to the gate asking for work. When I shared my idea with them, their eyes lit up, and they have come back everyday since, bringing friends with them. Some extra bibles were left behind by the missions group that we teamed up with. I asked the girls if they would like to have a bible and one said she has always wanted one! They are soooo excited and eager to learn and the numbers of girls they are bringing with them is growing. In sharing with them around the table as we bead together, I am hearing their dreams and being able to share, mentor, and encourage, them as we work. They truly want to walk like Jesus and grow. I’ve decided to combine Bible Study with Beading on Saturday afternoons. Please pray for Kamogelo, Pretty, Baitshepi, Agnes, Leseho, Memory, Bianca, and Anarrah, and any others that they bring along. These sweet young women have so much potential.

No comments: